It's not possible to allow non-OPIE logins only from trusted networks

Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos mbox at miguel.ramos.name
Fri Mar 11 21:16:01 UTC 2011

Here's a scratch.

I added an option, called "require_trusted", which enforces the trusted
network check even for users which do not have OPIE enabled.
If this option is not used, behaviour is unchanged.

The name "require_trusted" is catchy and compeling to use. However, if
it was used in default configuration files, login would be impossible
(unless there was a default opieaccess file which permitted everything,
but that is bit forcing OPIE stuff on people and it's not worth it).

Here's three of the scratches I made,

- I first tried to change as few lines as reasonable, that's
pam_opieaccess_mindiff.c, but that made the code look less regular:
instead of two ifs leading to return PAM_SUCCESS, now there was a third
returning failure, so,

- as an attempt to avoid that, I used a nested if,
pam_opieaccess_nestedif.c,

- then I tried to factor things out, and the best way seemed to be
negating everything.

I still scratched a bit more, but it started looking like much ado about
nothing.

--
Miguel Ramos <mbox at miguel.ramos.name>
PGP A006A14C