Merry Christmas from the FreeBSD Security Team

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 28 15:45:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:12:13PM +0100, Oliver Pinter wrote:
> On 12/23/11, Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy at acm.org> wrote:
> > On 2011-Dec-23 07:41:20 -0800, FreeBSD Security Officer
> > <cperciva at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >>The timing, to put it bluntly, sucks.
> >
> > Since it's Saturday here, at the start of an extended holiday season, I
> > would tend to agree.  That said, thanks for the explanation and I think
> > you made the right call.
> >
> >>  On the positive side, most people
> >>have moved past telnet and on to SSH by now;
> >
> > I thought everyone had but an acquaintance explained that he has to run
> > telnet because his employer doesn't permit any encrypted outside access
> > so the employer can monitor all traffic.
>
> The solution for this situation is BalaBit SCB.
>
> http://www.balabit.com/network-security/scb

Or similar (but much nicer) solution from a FreeBSD-friendly company:)

	http://www.wheelsystems.com/products/products_fudo/spec?lang=en

FreeBSD committer                         http://www.FreeBSD.org
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://yomoli.com