security scripts diff

Esa Karkkainen ejk at iki.fi
Mon Feb 1 16:59:10 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 04:40:03PM -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 03:13:39AM +0300, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> > Dear colleagues,
> >
> > looking at regular security mails I found that foloowing patch would greatly
> > desreases amount of false positive reports; it's totally possible I'm missing
> > some vital areas, but my current look at security scripts did not reveal any.
> >
> > What do you think? Thank you in advance.
>
> I think maybe -b ("Ignore changes in the amount of white space.") might
> be better than -w ("Ignore all white space."), as the presence or
> absence of *some* white space can be a signifant difference (e.g., to a
> non-FORTRAN IV parser).

I've always disliked the feature which lists unchanged files on security
emails (100.chksetuid). I've created a patch some time ago.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=conf/119464

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."