Allegations regarding OpenBSD IPSEC

Rob Farmer rfarmer at predatorlabs.net
Wed Dec 15 17:38:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 08:24, b. f. <bf1783 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I don't think that your reasoning about the government's willingness
> to release this information, or the extent to which this is a partisan
> issue, is correct.

Well, the NSA wiretap thing was leaked only a couple years after it
started. If you want to believe that *nobody* in Washington, through
several election cycles and a change in majority party, would be
interested in exposing this for political (or financial, in the case
of the media) gain and his "NDA" accidentally timed out or whatever,
feel free.

> But the details of who was involved, and what
> agreements were in place, are secondary to the issue of whether there
> are vulnerabilities, intentional or otherwise, in the code.  For those
> who have the time and ability to audit the code, there are some
> possible problems to look for:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129237675106730&w=2
>
> b.

They won't be secondary if someone does find a minor bug in the
network stack (regardless who introduced it or if it is even related),
which will probably happen given the attention this will invariably
receive.

--
Rob Farmer