Allegations regarding OpenBSD IPSEC

Rob Farmer rfarmer at predatorlabs.net
Wed Dec 15 16:05:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 07:36, Garrett Wollman <wollman at bimajority.org> wrote:
> <<On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 06:26:20 -0800, Rob Farmer <rfarmer at predatorlabs.net> said:
>
>> If his allegations are correct, they should be easy to verify. He
>> could post a copy of the NDA and a Freedom of Information Act request
>> could be submitted to verify it. If, as claimed, the NDA expired and
>> this can be discussed freely by the general public, then they would
>> not be able to deny the request.
>
> Actually, they would, because it would fall under the "internal
> personnel matter" exemption from FOIA.
>
> -GAWollman

I'm not a lawyer, but couldn't he exempt himself and they black out
the other people's names? If he could provide some evidence that this
isn't a publicity stunt and interest a major media organization or a
civil rights group (like the ACLU or EFF), I suspect they could apply
enough political and legal pressure to avoid getting brushed off.

Besides, if this were legitimate, it could benefit the Democrats
(given that it supposedly occurred during the Bush administration), so
how hard would they really fight it?

--
Rob Farmer