BIND update?

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 9 17:18:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 12:09 -0400, Josh Mason wrote:
> So when all else fails claim that we should expect nothing more from
> volunteers. Message received and understood.
>
> We all know how the rest of the opensource operating system community
> has legions of paid developers. Poor FreeBSD.

Are you ignoring the large number of full time developers employed by
redhat and their ilk? This means they are a company delivering a
product, supported by full time developers, who are paid out of support
contracts. This is why redhat is described as a 'vendor'; they sell you
stuff.

FreeBSD is a volunteer project. This means that there is no-one at all
who is paid by FreeBSD to write code for FreeBSD.

If this doesn't fit your needs, perhaps you need to re-evaluate your
choices.

My 2 cents..

Tom Evans