BIND -P2 update plans (Was: Re: The BIND scandal)

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 4 05:43:45 UTC 2008

Matt Dawson wrote:
> On Sunday 03 Aug 2008, Doug Barton wrote:
>> Hope this helps,
>
> What actually did help was your most rapid update of the BIND ports to -p2
> yesterday. You managed all of them three hours before I got the SANS
> handler's diary on the new releases from RSS!
>
> Just wanted to say thanks for that. Your work is appreciated.

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Since this update is performance related rather than directly security
related I plan to give people a chance to update from ports and
provide feedback before I update the base in HEAD and [67]-stable. So
if you run a busy resolving name server, especially if you were having
problems with -P1, then please let me know how -P2 works for you.

Doug