What about BIND 9.3.4 in FreeBSD in base system ?

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Jan 30 22:47:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-Jan-30 14:51:15 -0500, Chris Marlatt wrote:
>Doug Barton wrote:
>>plan to MFC it after 4 or 5 days. I am actually considering only
>>MFC'ing it to RELENG_6 to help provide some incentive for those on 5.x
>>to upgrade.
>
>One would assume that the release would be supported up until the EOL
>provided on freebsd.org of May 31, 2008.

"Support" does not mean that new features and upgrades are automatically
back-ported.  Security fixes and some bug-fixes will be provided.  If you
want new features, you may need to upgrade (hence Doug's suggestion that
not MFCing bind 9.3.4 to RELENG_5 is an incentive to upgrade to 6.x).

--
Peter Jeremy