FreeBSD Security Survey

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Tue May 23 09:58:47 UTC 2006

Clemens Renner wrote:
> In a different corner is portupgrade which basically constitutes a
> highly usable tool but has minor annoyances that really complicate
> things. For example, when upgrading MySQL -- even with mysql_enable=YES
> in rc.conf, portupgrade will stop the sever but not restart it. Is there
> any plausible reason for this behaviour? I can't think of any. In fact,
> I resort to
> # portupgrade mysql-server && /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql restart
> which is really annyoing if a lot of services will be upgraded that
> aren't automatically restarted. This would be a good thing to take care of.

If you are using portupgrade, you can use /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf

MAKE_ARGS = {
	'databases/mysql41-*' => [
			'WITH_CHARSET=latin2',
			'WITH_XCHARSET=all',
			'WITH_OPENSSL=yes',
			'OVERWRITE_DB=no',
	],
}

AFTERINSTALL = {
	'databases/mysql41-server' => proc { |origin|
			cmd_enable_rc(origin) + ';' + cmd_restart_rc(origin)
	},
}

You must set it one time, you can enjoy it every upgrade.

Miroslav Lachman