Slightly OT: SSL certs - best practice?

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue May 16 09:15:34 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-May-15 23:53:03 +0100, James O'Gorman wrote:
>PS - Once I've worked out how exactly I'm supposed to be doing this,
>I'll probably get some "officially" signed certs. I hear CACert are a
>good, free way of doing this. Anyone got any comments on that?

I've gone through the CAcert assurance process and it seems to work,
though a lot depends on your access to other assurers.  Note that the
CAcert certificates are now part of ports/security/ca-roots though the
issue of bootstrapping remains (how do you know that your roots file
is genuine).

--
Peter Jeremy