Non-executable stack

db db at traceroute.dk
Sat Oct 29 07:12:57 PDT 2005

On Saturday 29 October 2005 13:15, you wrote:
> The thing you are refering to is W^X using the NXE register of the amd64
> if I'm not mistaken, marking memory pages as writable or executable,
> but not both. (The thing also works on i386 using an ugly hack).

Yeah. Memory on ia32 can be writable and readable. When it is readable it is
also executable. On other arch's like AMD64 and IA64, I believe memory can be
readable, writable and executable. Therefore I would like to remove the
executable bit on the stack and heap for the systems supporting it.

br
db