Repeated attacks via SSH

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Mon Oct 3 06:49:48 PDT 2005

> Of course, the problem is that if you need to get access in an
> emergency from who-knows-where, you're pretty much stuck with
> passwords unless you have a token system or a one time password
> system (e.g. S/Key). (Which reminds me: Anyone have a good S/Key
> implementation for the Palm Pilot?)

sshv2 with keys for palm at <http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/>.
works great on my treo 650.

if at all possible, just don't allow passwords

the ssh root and dict attacks have been going on for long over a
year.  some days we see more than 25,000 per target host, occasionally
100,000.  it's so common that i started to grep it out of log
reports ages ago.

randy