Fwd: FreeBSD hiding security stuff

Allen gorebofh at comcast.net
Sat Mar 5 04:56:54 GMT 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 07:58:35AM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> FYI
>

> >To: misc at openbsd.org
> >Subject: FreeBSD hiding security stuff
> >Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 03:51:42 -0700
> >From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt at cvs.openbsd.org>
> >
> >A few FreeBSD developers apparently have found some security issue
> >of some sort affecting i386 operating systems in some cases.
> >
> >They have refused to give us real details.

Daddy Timmy won't give me a turn!....

> >A promise is now being made.
> >
> >If a bug is found in OpenSSH, which we believe to have security
> >consequences, we wil inform FreeBSD last.

Ohhhhh tough guy! what a testicle.

> >Fair is fair.

Like when you take Net BSD and change it around, make it so upon boot up
nothing is open by default, slapping the "It's secure" sticker .....

> >I really wish it was not this way, but after a week of trying to get the
> >policy to be fixed, we are changing our policy as well.

"I'm telling my Daddy on you!"

Damn I can't stand him.

> >Without immediate action from them to repair their polcy, and a public
> >apology for this, that policy will stand.

If you guys apologize to that walking turnip I'm trading in my Free BSD
merchadise I've paid for, for Windows NT tee-shirts.

-Allen / Gore. A Slackware and Free BSD guy.