FW: FW: FW: FW: Adding OpenBSD sudo to the FreeBSD base system?

Stephen Major smajor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 20:04:00 GMT 2005

"All you need to do is uncomment that and viola, you have default su
behavior -- anyone in the wheel group allowed to sudo as any other user."

Exactly! Every other user can sudo.

I run many shell servers I do not want every user being able to sudo.

With su, first they have to break into an account that is part of the wheel
group. Then they have to get past your root password.

You cannot configure sudo to fit everyone's needs. So replacing su
Just makes it so the rest of us have to configure it just because you do not
want to take 10 minutes and install the port.

Then again some people have brought to the table the security flaws found in
sudo.

What makes it so hard that you cannot install sudo from ports? I will even
make you a quick shell script that will do it for you.