Adding OpenBSD sudo to the FreeBSD base system?

piechota at argolis.org piechota at argolis.org
Thu Jul 21 15:24:51 GMT 2005

> FWIW, I don't see any reason to include sudo in the base system. It's
> something that I install on every computer, but I don't mind building
> the port or installing it from a package. Unlike some of the other
> things I usually want on every system (e.g., emacs), it's small and
> doesn't have any dependencies, so it's not a problem to install it as
> soon as the system is online. That said, I wouldn't object to having
> it in the base, either.

I see two reasons for a "nay" vote: If we put everything a group of people
find useful in the base system, we're going to end up with soemthing like
Redhat, where there's tons of software the rarely gets used.  Secondly,
some 'customers' have a very dim view of sudo (mostly for bad reasons, but
they ban it anyways).