[ronvdaal@zarathustra.linux666.com: Possible security issue with FreeBSD 5.4 jailing and BPF]

Ricardo A Reis ricardo_bsd at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jul 14 17:04:31 GMT 2005

I starting jail + devfs rules, in 5.4-STABLE using rc.conf. See the real
entrie..

------------------
jail_vhosts_rootdir="/usr/jail/vhosts"
jail_vhosts_hostname="vhosts.epm.br"
jail_vhosts_ip="127.0.0.3"
jail_vhosts_exec_start="/bin/sh /etc/rc"
jail_vhosts_exec_stop="/bin/sh /etc/rc.shutdown"
jail_vhosts_devfs_enable="YES"
jail_vhosts_fdescfs_enable="NO"
jail_vhosts_procfs_enable="YES"
jail_vhosts_mount_enable="NO"
jail_vhosts_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_jail"    ----"this use default
default devfs rule for best security in jail enviroment"
jail_vhosts_fstab=""
----------------------
In Jail i test your possible issue !!!

vhosts# ifconfig
rl0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>
        ether 00:08:54:1a:68:b1
        status: active
plip0: flags=108810<POINTOPOINT,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 16384
        inet 127.0.0.3 netmask 0xffffffff
pflog0: flags=141<UP,RUNNING,PROMISC> mtu 33208
vhosts# tcpdump -nni rl0
tcpdump: (no devices found) /dev/bpf0: No such file or directory
vhosts# tcpdump -nni lo0
tcpdump: (no devices found) /dev/bpf0: No such file or directory

Atenciosamente

Ricardo A. Reis
UNIFESP - SENAI
Unix and System Admin