Listening outside ipfw / program interface to ipfw

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Sat Jan 15 03:47:19 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 08:50:00AM -0500, Bill Moran wrote:
> Vladimir Terziev <vladimir.terziev at sun-fish.com> wrote:
>

> > 	I have an old FreeBSD 4.3 and the man page of ipfirewall(4)
> > describes the C api for manipulation of IP filtering rules. I'm not
> > sure the C api interface in 4.10 is still the same as in 4.3, but i
> > suggest you to try. Just find the man page from somewhere.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ipfirewall&apropos=0&sektion=4&manpath=FreeBSD+4.3-RELEASE&format=html

Note that this stale manual page must be used carefully.  There must be
serious reasons to remove the whole content of a manual page in a
system such a FreeBSD.

The last commit in the RELENG_4 branch by luigi removes most of the
content with the following commit log:

<< MFC: Remove stale information from these two manpage, and point the readers
   tothe one up-to-date page which is ipfw(8). >>

Regards,

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/share/man/man4/ipfirewall.4?only_with_tag=RELENG_4
--
Jeremie Le Hen