MIT Kerberos and OpenSSH

Mark Murray markm at FreeBSD.ORG
Tue Jan 11 12:15:15 PST 2005

Gareth Hopkins writes:

> Howdie,
>
>  	Is there a way to get the default BSD 5.3 openssh to compile against
> the MIT kerberos libraries? I have set NO_KERBEROS=yes in /etc/make.conf so
> that the heimdal kerberos is not built, and rebuilt world, then installed
> /usr/ports/security/krb5 and rebuilt world again. sshd is however not being
> built against MIT at all.

This is a very bad idea. You may get the compile to work, but you will
then have a non-standard confuguration, and all assistance bets are off.

I'm still working your problem (sorry about the delay!) and I'll get
back to you as soon as I have something.

Please rebuild _without_ NO_KERBEROS.

Thanks!

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH