Question about securelevel

twig les twigles at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 09:30:02 PST 2004

--- Patrick Proniewski <patpro at patpro.net> wrote:
> On 11 févr. 2004, at 16:35, Jim Zajkowski wrote:
>
> > [1] I suppose those flash-IDE thingamabobs that have a
> switch to
> > toggle to read-only work just as well here too.
>
> would be nice to have such features on hard drives, CD-ROM
> size is
> quite small, and I'm not sure one can boot a live OS from a
> DVD
> (requiring a DVD burner to create the booting medium).
>
> patpro

There was a blurb on this in the 3rd Ed. of Practical Unix &
Internet Sec.  Basically they opined that hard drives with a
physical switch for read-only would be neat in some
circumstances since you can still write to a read-only fs if you
can get to the raw device.  If anyone has a link to a drive that
has that I'd be interested to see.

=====