OpenSSH heads-up

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 16 07:55:28 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 10:47:28AM -0400, Mitch Collinsworth wrote:
> Is this advisory available anywhere else?  I'm continually getting
> server timeout when trying to load this URL.  Meanwhile www.openssh.org
> doesn't seem to have any mention of the advisory.  [?]

It loads for me sometimes only.  It is supposed to be at
<URL:http://www.openssh.com/txt/buffer.adv>, but it isn't there yet.

Here's the meat of it:

---- begin excerpt ----
 This is the 1st revision of the Advisory.

 This document can be found at:  http://www.openssh.com/txt/buffer.adv

 1. Versions affected:

        All versions of OpenSSH's sshd prior to 3.7 contain a buffer
        management error.  It is uncertain whether this error is
        potentially exploitable, however, we prefer to see bugs
        fixed proactively.

 2. Solution:

        Upgrade to OpenSSH 3.7 or apply the following patch.
---- end excerpt ----

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   . NTT/Verio SME      . FreeBSD UNIX       . Heimdal
nectar at celabo.org . jvidrine at verio.net . nectar at freebsd.org . nectar at kth.se