@BSDcon: FreeBSD Security Officer BoF

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Mon Sep 8 12:29:30 PDT 2003

Hello,

I have scheduled a birds-of-a-feather (BoF) meeting at BSDcon to
discuss the FreeBSD Security Officer role.  Details such as time,
location, and topics are posted on the BSDcon unofficial Wiki

Please attend if you are interested in what the SO team does currently
and in participating in and improving its `services'.  The Wiki lists
some topics for discussion, and it is editable if you would like to
make other contributions.

Please *do not* attend expecting to discuss general FreeBSD security
issues.  Although we may well have time to take some tangents, this
BoF is primarily for `security-officer business', such as security
advisories, security branches, vulnerability reporting, auditing,
project infrastructure, and the like.

I expect that by Wednesday afternoon I will have formed a two-part
agenda for our two hour meeting to give it a little structure.  We
could really benefit from someone taking notes during the meeting,
either for publishing later, and/or published realtime on IRC or the
Wiki.  If you would like to volunteer to take notes for one hour or
two, please drop me a line!

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   . NTT/Verio SME      . FreeBSD UNIX       . Heimdal
nectar at celabo.org . jvidrine at verio.net . nectar at freebsd.org . nectar at kth.se