FW: Question about logging.

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Wed May 28 10:47:06 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 07:41:56PM +0200, Erik Paulsen Skålerud wrote:
> I'm forwarding this to security@, as I'm getting no replies on ipfw at .
>
> Hope it's relevant enough for you :(

It says right in the mapagfe for ipfw(8):

  When a packet matches a rule with the log keyword, a message will
  be logged to syslogd(8) with a LOG_SECURITY facility.

So, unless you modify ipfw iteslf, you get to tune your syslogd.conf
file.

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert at numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842