multihost master.passwd sync

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Tue May 27 23:33:25 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 09:35:17AM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 01:46:37PM -0400, Andy Harrison wrote:
> >
> > Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions about syncing up master.passwd
> > files between multiple machines that didn't involve allowing root login
> > remotely?  The users need to be able to log in remotely and own files on the
> > different machines.
>
> People have mentioned LDAP; I am truly surprised no one has mentioned
> Kerberos yet.

Oh wait, nevermind.  That's what I get for posting before coffee;
Kerberos still needs some way of telling the system that there is
such a user in the first place.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at sbnd.net    roam at FreeBSD.org
This sentence contradicts itself - or rather - well, no, actually it doesn't!