multihost master.passwd sync

Bigby Findrake bigby at ephemeron.org
Tue May 27 12:41:45 PDT 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Eric Anderson wrote:

> > I was told that if the user isn't in the passwd file physically, they can't own
> > files on the local server.  I've run into this personally with radius, I can't
> > speak with authority on ldap and pam integration.
>
> Oh, ok.. Well, I *believe* that is incorrect.. Should work fine
> (specially with nss_ldap stuff in FreeBSD-5.1, etc)..

NIS is a perfect example of how users not in the password file can own
files on a machine.

"I've tried to install this linux crap about nearly five times, but everytime
it stops with the error message: 'login:'
Fix that immediately or I'll go public with that." -- some random moron

		      http://ephemeron.org:81/~bigby/
		    finger bigby at ephemeron.org for info