Down the MPD road

Fernando Schapachnik fernando at mecon.gov.ar
Mon May 12 04:40:56 PDT 2003

En un mensaje anterior, Michael Collette escribió:
>   While connected, when I attempt to browse around the public Internet some
> pages just don't load, where others do.  No rhyme or reason, and nothing
> showing up in my logging of all denied packets via ipfw.  For example, I can
> hit CNN without a problem, then when I try news.google it never loads a page.
> I can hit the main Yahoo page, but any of their other sites won't go.  Really
> odd.

Looks like a MTU problem. I suggest you ping with different packet sizes and see
which is the smallest size that doesn't get throught. Some web servers use the
Don't Fragment bit on, and packets get discarted.

If the application you are interested in works right, maybe it be worth to made
some batch on the XP side to alter the routing table so the default route
doesn't point to the VPN.

Good luck.

Fernando.