Documentation people needed. FreeBSD/Security clue beneficial.

Chris Bowlby excalibur at hub.org
Mon Mar 31 05:42:27 PST 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 15:12, Jez Hancock wrote:

> Perhaps it would be an idea to become familiar with the docproj package
> and the format they use for their documentation if you haven't done
> so already.

 I will definitely familiarize my self docproj, I want to maintain the
doc standards as much as possible, and at the same time provide a clean
interface to work on those docs.

> I had a quick read through the requirements for documentation submitted to
> freebsd.org doc team a while ago (after installing /usr/ports/textproc/docproj/)
> and as I remember they have a selection of SGML templates that they use to
> build their books.  It might save a lot of time later if you could have all
> documents on your server in SGML so you can later mark them up how you want,
> depending on the media used.

sounds cool..

> What do you plan on developing the user interface in by the way?

 Most of the site is based on PHP, and the user interaction capabilities
are already there, all I should need to do is extend what I currently
have to allow doc writers a simple interface to update the content of
those docs, probably storing the docs behind the scenes in a database
and then regeneration the docs on the fly or once nightly, etc. It
depends on how manipulative the docs need to be (going on the assumption
of very easy to manipulate right now)..

> Who would comprise the core security doc team?  I suppose this is a question
> for Jacques Vidrine as security officer(?).

What I will do is provide access for the voted member (chair person? -
or Jacques Vidrine) with the means to "elevate" an active account to the
security group, thus allowing that team member to begin contributing to
the project. He/She will also have the option to elevate them to core
group member so that they too will have voting rights on who gets
elevated, but the chair-rep has the veto capabilities, etc..

 The access system I've already built into extremefreebsd.org already
has this capability, but from an admin stand point, I just need to
modify it slightly to allow core members to also have some of these
privileges...

--
Chris Bowlby <excalibur at hub.org>
Hub.Org Networking Services