Security fix (Fwd: sendmail 8.12.9 available

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 29 18:01:28 PST 2003

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 03:11:31PM -0600, D J Hawkey Jr wrote:
> Will there be an SA (with the customary SA patchfiles) for this?

yes

> I know I'm on my own in supporting RELENG_4_5, but the right tools
> (a patchfile, even if for RELENG_4_6) would make the job a lot easier.

You can use the sendmail.org supplied patches.

   cd /usr/src/contrib/sendmail/src
   patch -s -p1 < /path/to/patch
   cd /usr/src/lib/libsm
   make obj && make depend && make
   cd /usr/src/lib/libsmutil
   make obj && make depend && make
   cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail
   make obj && make depend && make && make install

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar at celabo.org>          http://www.celabo.org/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos