Kerberized applications in FreeBSD 5.x

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 1 10:02:46 PST 2003

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 08:59:02AM +0000, Mark Murray wrote:
> =?koi8-r?B?5MXK1MXSIOHMxcvTwc7E0iD3wczF0snF18ne?= writes:
> > In FreeBSD 5.x only telnet/telnetd works 'out of box' with kerberos.
> > Why ftp/ftpd, ssh/sshd and cvs do not support kerberos ?
>
> You need to turn it obn by hand in /etc/pam.d/*. Its not on by default,
> because that would cause nasty delays in PAM.

I think he meant *actual* Kerberos support i.e. at the protocol level,
not just password-authentication-via-Kerberos.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   NTT/Verio SME      FreeBSD UNIX       Heimdal
nectar at celabo.org jvidrine at verio.net nectar at freebsd.org nectar at kth.se