Samsung PM1725a NVMe SSD experience?

Jim Harris jim.harris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:16:51 UTC 2018

Hi John,

I'm just curious - why do you think the kernel will not probe/attach to it?

I don't have any experience with this SSD.  But nvme(4) will automatically
attach to any NVMe SSD that presents the the correct PCI class/subclass/PI
- it doesn't need an explicit device/vendor ID in the pci_ids table.  The
pci_ids table is for SSDs that require quirks or to show a model-specific
name.  It looks like the PM1725a is actually in the pci_ids list so it
should be covered either way.

Regards,

-Jim