Avago LSI SAS 3008 & Intel SSD Timeouts

list-news list-news at mindpackstudios.com
Tue Jun 7 17:09:12 UTC 2016

The system is a Twin.  In the first post I mentioned this but I probably
wasn't clear.

The twin unit is this one:
https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/2u/2028/sys-2028tp-decr.cfm

I've used all components from twin node A and B (cpu / memory /
mainboard / controller).  I still get the errors.  The backplane was the
original thought of concern, and that has been RMA'd and replaced -
errors continue.  I've even swapped out power supplies with another
identical unit I have here.

In every case the errors continue, until I do this:
#camcontrol daX -N 1
(for each drive in the zpool)

Then the errors stop.

The system errors every few minutes while my application is running.
Set tags to -N 1, and everything goes quiet.  16 cores at 100% cpu and
drives 80% busy @ ~15k IO p/s, for about 5 hours solid before it
finishes a batch, no errors are reported with -N set to 1.  If I set
tags with -N 255 for each device, errors start again within 5 minutes,
and continue every 2-5 minutes, until the batch is finished.

-Kyle