mps driver on 10.2-BETA

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Jul 23 20:18:14 UTC 2015

Hello

I'm setting up a new server with some M1015 cards and I'm planning on using FreeBSD 10.2.

I've heard reports that the 20.00.00.00 driver was unstable on FreeBSD and that I should use P19 firmware instead.  Then today I found this report from January.

   https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/upgraded-to-9-3-and-getting-warning-firmware-version-19-does-not-match-driver-version-16-for-dev.25925/page-4#post-168811

I see that firmware 20.00.04.00 is out and I've flashed my three cards with that. I am guessing the problems reported above were dealt with in the firmware upgrade, as opposed to any driver changes.

Is my best course of action to use the P20 firmware in this case?

Thanks.

—
Dan Langille dvl@
http://langille.org/