selecting a SCSI PCI-E card

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Fri Jul 3 20:33:38 UTC 2015

I have an external tape library and I'm considering moving it to a new system, which does not have a PCI slot.

The existing card is a Symbios Ultra2 32-bit PCI SCSI Adapter SYM8951U and dmsg output can be found here:

  https://dan.langille.org/2013/08/18/knew/

I'm pretty sure the card is LVD/SE SCSI based on the terminator (External U320 VHDCI68M LVD/SE SCSI Terminator).

Thew new system has not been built yet, but one motherboard I like does not have a PCI slot, only PCI-E 3.0 and PCI-E 2.0.

Do you know of a card supported by FreeBSD which meets the above needs? I was looking on eBay and was failing.

I suppose I could solve the problem by moving away from DLT-8000 to LTO-4; if you have a system you want to get rid of...

Thanks.

—
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/