Samsung 840 Pro SSD and quirks

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Tue Sep 2 15:07:48 UTC 2014

Thanks for the confirmation Borja I was a little confused why
our two results differed.

For a 12 disk system you'll likely need two SAS2 controllers,
or at least 12 SAS lines otherwise you will hit controller
throughput issues as a 840 can pretty much saturate a single
SAS2 lane on its own.

At that point you'll also start to see other issues.

I'd strongly suggest moving to stable/10, if you haven't already,
particularly if you have large amount of RAM in the system
otherwise you will become CPU bound on ARC hash lookups.

    Regards
    Steve