Anyone working on the Marvell 88se64xx sas/sata chip driver?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Nov 21 12:20:21 UTC 2014

On 11/21/2014 4:08 AM, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> Jia-Shiun Li wrote this message on Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 13:11 +0800:
>> for 6G SAS there is hpt27xx blob driver for Highpoint cards using
>> 88SE94xx. 12G SAS is 88SE1495, but there seems no products yet.
>
> In my exerience w/ the hpt27xx driver on 9.1-R, the card is terrible...
> Caused me no end of pain.. I replaced the card w/ an ahci native card
> (since I was hooking up SATA drivers), and now I'm happy...
>
> I couldn't get any support from Highpoint... Not really surprising
> considering the binary driver...

I have had good results with the LSI cards, both based on the 3ware
driver (tws) and the mfi driver.  The cost of the previous gen 6G SAS
9240-8si is quite reasonable and I can get great speeds and good
monitoring through the available native FreeBSD tools
(3dm,tw_cli,MegaCli,mfiutil)

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400