Fwd: Re: HDD slow down in heavy load

k simon moremore2 at outlook.com
Tue Nov 18 02:32:50 UTC 2014

Yes, you are right. Zabbix 1.8 postgres database design is ugly, when
zabbix database do "housekeeping" means scan the fulltable again and
again,  the SQL query lost response and the tags dev_acive is full.
Compred with FB\LINUX, I can't say DFBSD response  immediately, but it
can accomplish it in one minutes.  And DFBSD have a feature named
swapcache can speed up HDD, but I havn't test it.
And I have changed the disk with a SSD yet, but I think FB can do
somethings better.

Simon