kern/179932: [ciss] ciss i/o stall problem with HP Bl Gen8 (and HP Bl Gen7 + Storage Blade)

Markus Gebert markus.gebert at hostpoint.ch
Fri Jul 5 14:15:10 UTC 2013

Hey Steven

Thanks for your input.

On 05.07.2013, at 15:43, Steven Hartland <killing at multiplay.co.uk> wrote:

> Might also want to get the output from "show sleepchain" for all threads
> too as that will easily identify sleep lock dead locks.

Is there an easy way to do this for all threads with one command? The first server that crashed had 800 threads… If not, we should probably script this outside of ddb using thread ids from the alltrace output. Or is there a subset of threads you're particularly interested in?

> Also whats the check_disk process?

This is Nagios' check_disk plugin we use to check the filesystem usage on all mountpoints. It runs quite frequently, that's why multiple may be get started until we notice and break into the debugger.

Markus