isp(4) broken in RELENG_9

Matthew Jacob mj at feral.com
Thu Nov 1 14:05:34 UTC 2012

So, it's working in 9.1 but not in 9?

Since any fix to 9.0 would be in 9.1 are we just concerned with
understanding what happened, or is there a specific reason we need to
know what changed so that a specific fix to 9.0 is needed?

I'm sure that there is a bug in isp where it can ask for more than a
page's worth of queue space mapping but can't deal with things if you
get more than 1 segment descriptor back. I need to fix that, but I won't
be able to get to that for a couple of weeks.

It's possible that the FC-TAPE changes triggered this because that threw
more of a load on the control space. I'll try and calculate a change to
MAXISPREQUEST to re-fit within a page some time today.

-matt