FreeBSD iSCSI initiator multipath and Dell MD3000i?

Anders Larsson anderslarsson.listor at exait.se
Mon Feb 28 10:37:11 UTC 2011

Hello SCSI list.

Im trying to solve some problems we have with a FreeBSD 7.3 and a Dell
MD3000i.

The main problem seem to be that FreeBSD does not have support for
multipath?
We get nasty crashes sometimes and it seems to be during a
switchover/failover event on the storage.

I have seen some discussions about this with Danny and his great work
bringing iSCSI initiator to FreeBSD.
But i have not really been able to find that the iSCSI driver now
supports it or if it is coming soon?

Or if there are any other ways to avoid system crashes when the storage
is switching between it's storage controllers?

I also found some later versions at Danny's ftp,
ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/users/danny/freebsd/
But im not sure it will be any more features or if it will work with a
7.3 src?
( ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/users/danny/freebsd/iscsi-2.3.1.tar.gz )

I hope you guys on the list can help.

With Regards
/Anders Larsson