mps0-troubles

Joachim Tingvold joachim at tingvold.com
Tue Feb 8 23:30:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011, at 21:13:10PM GMT+01:00, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> What kind of expander do you have in your system?  How many
> expanders do
> you have?  How many drives do you have?

I have one HP SAS expander, running firmware 2.06. It's connected to
the 9211-8i with two mini-SAS cables. I currently have 17 disks
connected.

> Can you send 'camcontrol devlist -v' output?

<http://home.komsys.org/~jocke/dmesg_and_camcontrol-devlist.txt>

ada0 and cd0 is connected to the S-ATA controller on the motherboard.

> The timeouts could be due to all sorts of problems.  The IOC
> terminated
> errors I'm still not sure about.  I need to get a trace and send
> that along
> with a diagnostic ring buffer dump from the card to LSI to get some
> answers
> about what is going on.

Let me know if/when I can help. (-:

--