kern/126866: [isp] [panic] kernel panic on card initialization

Alexander Sack pisymbol at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:51:20 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:10 AM, Paul A. Procacci
<pprocacci at datapipe.com> wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR kern/126866; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: "Paul A. Procacci" <pprocacci at datapipe.com>
> To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, westr at connection.ca
> Subject: Re: kern/126866: [isp] [panic] kernel panic on card initialization
> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 03:56:10 -0500
>
>  Hello,
>
>  I am having the same exact problem you were having using the same
>  device.  I started receiving this error on FBSD7-RELEASE and thought it
>  was specific to that version.  Naturally I upgraded to FBSD7-Stable as
>  of today (9/25/2008), but still haven't been able to resolve this error,
>  even with the patch presented here.  Like you had mentioned on
>  freebsd-scsi, the machine panic's roughly 50% of the time during boot.
>
>  Here is my `trap` with the patch applied.  Due note that this is typed
>  by hand as the kvm I'm on doesn't allow for copy and paste:

Patch is almost done, I'm actively working on it now (should be good
for 6.x and 7.x trees minimally).  The issue I'm facing is that though
this is fixed, when you don't load the firmware at all you get the
"f/w doesn't really start message!"

Uggh, there is also some minor bugs regarding the reset signature that
will be in this patch as well.

-aps