WWNN

Kenneth D. Merry ken at kdm.org
Wed Apr 23 15:19:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 07:53:01 -0400, Andrew Hume wrote:
> hi,
>
> 	i'm not sure if this is teh right list, but how do i determine the
> WWNN of a disk attached to my host via fiberchannel? i would have
> thought the isp driver would have such an interface.

If you boot your kernel with -v, you should get the WWNN/WWPN printed out.

It looks like there is an ioctl (ISP_FC_GETDINFO) that you can use to get
that information programatically, but I don't think we have any tools in
the tree that will dump it.  It looks like Matt has some source in the isp
driver distribution that will probably do the trick.  See:

ftp://ftp.feral.com/pub/isp

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry