CAM_NEW_TRAN changes-next set of changes ready for review

mjacob at freebsd.org mjacob at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 31 21:26:42 UTC 2006

>>  /usr/ports/audio/cdparanoia
>>  /usr/ports/audio/sound-juicer
>>  /usr/ports/audio/xmcd
>>  /usr/ports/emulators/mtools
>>  /usr/ports/misc/mtx
>>  /usr/ports/multimedia/k9copy
>>
>> I *think* based upon scanning them that only cdparanoia would have to
>> *really* be recompiled- in fact, it just an XPT_PATH_INQ, so it might even
>> get away from having to be recompiled.
>>
>> Any glaring omissions?
>>
>> -matt
>>

> I think that there are some GNOME and KDE apps that also might be
> affected.  You can always pass a patch off to the ports team (portmgr)
> and ask them to do a trial run with it.  They are always very open to
> that; better to have everything fixed ahead of time than to deal with
> things suddenly breaking.

The sound-juicer stuff and k9copy are part of GNOME.

I mailed portmgr, but it strikes me that all I need to do is get through
a complete build cycle in ports myself- if possible. This should leave
enough work stuff around that I can grep for CAM in source files and see
if things would break. Jeez, what a lotta work.