CAM_NEW_TRAN changes-next set of changes ready for review

mjacob at freebsd.org mjacob at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 31 19:57:36 UTC 2006

http://people.freebsd.org/~mjacob/DIFFS.CAM_NEW_TRAN_CODE

This is the complete set of changes that remove the non-NEW_TRAN code
from the kernel and also does the minimal fixes to camlib and camcontrol
to accomodate the changes (it's just not practical to support old/new
simultaneously).

I did a somewhat halfhearted run through /usr/ports trying to find
Makefile and patches that depended on CAM. That turned out to be a
fairly short list:

  /usr/ports/audio/cdparanoia
  /usr/ports/audio/sound-juicer
  /usr/ports/audio/xmcd
  /usr/ports/emulators/mtools
  /usr/ports/misc/mtx
  /usr/ports/multimedia/k9copy

I *think* based upon scanning them that only cdparanoia would have to
*really* be recompiled- in fact, it just an XPT_PATH_INQ, so it might
even get away from having to be recompiled.

Any glaring omissions?

-matt