LSI1064 and LSI1064E and mpt

Johannes.Kruger at nokia.com Johannes.Kruger at nokia.com
Tue Oct 17 18:16:00 PDT 2006

Hi Matthew.
I gave up on the PCI-express version of the card for the time being.
The PCI-X running the same firmware works fine, except for the slow RAID
of course.

I still have the main problem I try to get to the bottom off, and that
is that the RAID-1 volume da0 is very slow.
- Slow with even just 1 disk.
- Slow when sync completed or not.
Without RAID configured , and having 2 disks mounted, the disks are fast
~ 30 Mbytes/sec
The disks are Fujitsu SATA laptop drives.

I was poking around the MPI libraries of Linux, and I see they have some
extra entries related to SAS.
Also the file mptsas.c in Linux sets up the link speed and so on on the
PHY.
Do not know if something there is needed yet.

Any idea of where I can start looking for the problem ?
- link speed
- dma
- caching
- etc ..etc ..

P.S. A way earlier version of the MPI , somewhere in 2005, behaves the
same as far as the RAID speed is concerned.

Johan