LSI Logic Fibre Channel Card

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Mon Jun 12 17:53:06 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 10:47:51PM +0100, Joe Holden wrote:
> Hi Collective,
>                       I've recently installed FreeBSD 6.1 onto a
> machine, and attached a LSI Logic 919X FC Controller, after finally
> getting the card working, im having issues with GEOM.
> It's reporting a max size of 1tb, fdisk shows capacity as
> 999999MB(Basically it doesn't know).  Everytime i press a key in
> sysinstall, it says my GEOM is incorrect.
>
> Any suggestions as how to go about getting the full 3.5TB? (I'm not
> familiar with SCSI)

With i386 and amd64, you will need to boot off of another volume in
order to use a volume larger than 2TB because the only supported
partition type is MS-DOS MBR which has a 2TB limit.  (You're also
apparently running up against limits in sysinstall, but that's fairly
immaterial) To use the volume at all, you will either need to install a
UFS file system on it directly or create a gpt partition table.

-- Brooks