most rock solid SATA Raid card for 5.4-RELEASE and 6.0-RELEASE

user user at dhp.com
Mon Nov 14 14:56:56 PST 2005

Scott,

thanks for your comments and help.

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Scott Long wrote:

> The updated aaccli is probably available from the Adaptec website and
> should work just fine with 5.4.  The updated driver is only in 6.0 right
> now.  Like I said above, I'll be updating the RELENG_5 code stream with
> it soon, so that if there is a 5.5 it will have it.  That said, I'd
> highly recommend that you investigate 6.0 as it has many other
> improvements, and upgrading from 5.4 is very very easy.

Understood.  I will begin working with 6.0 immediately.  From what I can
gether, the move from 5.x to 6.0 is very different than the move from 4.x
to 5.0 ... 6.0 seems to be more of a organic growth from 5.x, and is less
drastic and profound in its changes ?

I ask because there is no way I would have gone production on 5.0-RELEASE
at the time, but now with 6.0-RELEASE I am hearing nothing but good and
reassuring things about it ...

thanks.