aaccli problems

Scott Long scottl at freebsd.org
Mon Oct 11 20:29:41 PDT 2004

Glenn Dawson wrote:

> I have a number of systems with adaptec RAID controllers.  I have the
> aaccli port installed in order to manage things.
>
> Recently I've had to increase KVA_PAGES in the kernel on some of the
> machines.  This appears to break aaccli.  The error I get when trying to
> use aaccli is this:
>
> CLI > open aac0
> Executing: open "aac0"
> Command Error: <failed to wait for sema>
>
> CLI >
>
> Can anyone shed some light on the problem?
>
> -Glenn

This is a known problem and unfortunately will not be fixed until
Adaptec decides to release a new version for FreeBSD.  I would recommend
running the Linux version of aaccli under emulation.  You'll need to
make sure that either the aac_linux.ko driver is loaded or the kernel
is compiled with AAC_COMPAT_LINUX.

Scott