Adaptec 2940S76 not recognized

Karl Heller karl at akheller.net
Tue Jun 29 21:21:46 PDT 2004

I have an adaptec 2940/2940U board with a AHA-2940S76 W/Autoterm
sticker on the main chip.  The bios is one revision behind the latest..
but its a 1995 card.  I think it isn't recognized because the vendor ID
tags were changed in 1996 if I recall.

Can anyone give me some quick pointers on how to modify the
aic7xxxx_pci.c files to recognize this card.  I'm surprised this hasn't
been caught yet.

BTW.. this is 4.10-Stable around May 26.

Karl

"The number of people that can reason well, is much smaller than those
that can reason badly.  If reasoning were like hauling rocks then
several reasoners might be better than one.  But reasoning isn't like
hauling rocks." - Galileo