4.9 vs 4.10 SCSI Probe

Tony Holmes tony at crosswinds.net
Fri Jun 18 13:32:45 GMT 2004

Well I had a bit of a chance to do a bit more investigation on the
production system.

Basic Specs.

Adaptec 19160 controller
4 Seagate Disks 36GB
Promise FastTrack S150 TX2plus
2 Seagate SATA 120 GB disks

Intel FXP nic
AMD 2800XP cpu
Asus A7N-8X mobo
1GB Kingston ram

Booting 4.9Release has no issues, except that the Promise is not
recognized. No problem, upgraded via cvsup to 4.10, make world
and kernel (same kernel config).

When I rebooted into 4.10, (with -v) the SCSI reset is sent and the
system hangs, dead. No timeout ever recovers (waited up to 1 hour).

Tried all variations of bios options, and PCI positions with no luck
at all.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or any other issues with
4.10 and SCSI?

--
Tony Holmes

Founder and Senior Systems Architect