Adaptec 29160 Scsi card / camcontrol rescan

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Thu Jun 17 18:12:00 GMT 2004

I have a machine running 5.2.1 with DUAL Adaptec 29160LP scsi cards.
In the machine there are 2 U160 LVD scsi drives...one attached to each
drive...

I have an external SE tape drive that I have a cable for that I can attach
to the 'extra' 29160 card port. If I hook it up to the card and then boot
the machine, it is detected and runs fine :)

If I forget, I hook it up later and then run 'camcontrol rescan all'
and the tape drive is immediately picked up and works fine :)

My question is, since I start out w/o the tape drive connected, I am
running LVD with u160 speeds. Then I hook up the tape drive (run the
command) and then want to disconnect the tape drive.

I know the bus will slow down with the tape drive attached, but will it
come back to normal speeds once I remove the tape drive? - and/or do I have
to run the camcontrol command again?

Thanks in advance!!

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA